Experienced Immigration Lawyer
Statistic: 368,000 people were deported from the U.S. in 2012. An even larger number of deportations occurred in 2011.
This is a difficult period for Northern Texas’ immigrant community. There are times when only a good, caring lawyer can help you keep your family together and in one place. At any moment, a loved one can be detained and removed. A good lawyer is a valuable asset.
Serving The Immigrant Community From Dallas To The Panhandle
Immigration lawyer Mark E. Jacobs has won the confidence of thousands of immigrants in his career. They know they can get four things from him:
- 25-plus years of experience helping people
- The benefit of staying up to the moment with the latest developments in the law and in evolving immigration policy
- Prompt, personable, straightforward communication
- Persistence — we will keep fighting for you until we get an acceptable result
Comprehensive immigration reform could come at any time. Mark Jacobs is ready for it, helping families have their paperwork ready to go so they are not left behind when change arrives.
A few of the hundreds of acronyms used in immigration law
- A-file: alien file
- AOS: Adjustment of status
- BIA: Bureau of Immigration Appeals
- CIMT: Crimes involving moral turpitude
- COA: Cancellation of removal
- CP: Consular processing
- DACA: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- DREAM Act: Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act
- DV: Diversity visa lottery program
- EAD: Employment authorization document
- Green card: Permanent resident card
- ICE: United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- IMFA: Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments
- NTA: Notice to appear
- OSUP: Order of supervision
- POE: Port of entry
- TPC: Temporary protected status
- USCIS: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Some law firms take any case that comes through the door. At Mark E. Jacobs, P.C., there is a firm focus on family-based immigration. Mark E. Jacobs is there when you face the challenge of detention or removal. He is there when you are ready to take the first steps toward citizenship. He is there to help your family abroad come together here in the U.S. He has successfully brought many couples together to marry.
Se Habla Español ∙ Chinese Language Service Available
Don’t take on the U.S. government by yourself. Arm yourself with the experience and persistence of one of the most trusted names in Dallas immigration law. Call Mark E. Jacobs at 972-445-7577, or write to him using this email link.
Mark E. Jacobs, P.C., bills “in the middle,” not the highest in price, but extremely high in quality of service. “We like to get paid,” Mark says, “but we don’t gouge.”
Attorney Mark E. Jacobs is available weekdays during regular hours, and he will make himself available after hours and weekends by appointment.