Adjustment Of Status

People already residing in the U.S. can often obtain green cards by apply for an adjustment of status (AOS) through family, employment, investor or asylum status.

You may be eligible for AOS if you:

  • Have an approved immigrant petition
  • Are applying for a “special immigrant juvenile petition” or “special immigrant military petition”
  • Are a derivative spouse or child of the principal AOS applicant, and both AOS applications are filed contemporaneously
  • Are a derivative spouse or child of the principal immigrant visa holder

The adjustment of status process is not easy. These are just a few of the conditions necessary to obtain an AOS. You cannot have entered the U.S. without a visa, or if you entered as a nonimmigrant crewman. Many different circumstances can make adjustment difficult: documentation problems, immigration law violations or criminal convictions.

Mark E. Jacobs ∙ Son And Grandson Of Immigrants Himself

Immigration lawyer Mark E. Jacobs has more than 25 years of experience helping the immigrant community in North Texas to obtain the status with USCIS that gives them the greatest amount of freedom. We can guide you through the legal labyrinth, avoiding the kinds of errors that slow or halt the process, and attend your adjustment interview with you, assisting in the process and providing you with legal support.

Don’t take on USCIS by yourself. Arm yourself with the knowledge and diligence of one of the most trusted names in Dallas immigration law. Call Dallas adjustment of status attorney Mark E. Jacobs at 972-445-7577, or write to him using this email link.

Average Rating:
Total Number of Reviews:
  • November 19, 2019
    Giovanna W.
    I want to thank Mark and especially Christy Lawson who helped me with my needs. Every time I dealt with Christy she was fast, professional and always explained everything we needed. I am so thankful that we were reccomeneed to them by a previous client of theirs as it made everything painless and less stressful. thank you again for all you helped us with. I will be sure to recommend you to anyone that needs assistance.
  • November 18, 2019
    Ofwa M.
    Great service
  • October 31, 2019
    Freeman P.
    Great Service
  • October 28, 2019
    Abijit F.
    Great service and very knowledgeable. Helped me through my green card and N-400 process. Christy who works for the firm has been extremely helpful and responsive. Highly recommend this firm.
  • October 24, 2019
    Nelson F.
    Prompt communication and promise keeping
Full Star Half Star Empty Star